Thursday, October 8, 2009

Summer, Over and Out.


Just thinking about my friend Lisa tonight.  She is having a scan tomorrow; her leg hurts.  But after this long summer of battling cancer, a scan is a scary thing.  Cancer sucks.  On the bright side,  I know Lisa gets to drink some delicious barium tonight and tomorrow. . .mmmmm. . . fantastic.  She heard it was better refrigerated.  Serve chilled, over ice. . . sounds great.


I know the scan will be fine; she's had good news lately.  She's just sick of hospitals, and I'm sick of them for her.  


It's finally fall. . .we've gotten to the point where we can look BACK on this summer.  It's over.  Lisa has been waiting for sweaters, mums, pumpkins.  For Halloween.  Thanksgiving.  Christmas.  All things that signify that this summer is gone.  


Vermont Only 2008 Fall Foliage ReportGo Lisa.  Go get your scan and come back to the bubble.  We have lots of autumnal things to do.  I'm not sure what that means, but I'll figure it out. . . 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks, Christycakes...
    I know it will all be fine...I'm up early getting ready for my DE-licious breakfast of chilled barium. Yum. Yum. I'm looking forward to going to Heritage Farms to get our pumpkins...I've been waiting.
    xoxo Lis

    ReplyDelete